December 31, 2018
January 15, 2019
March 1, 2019
April 10-12, 2019
Registration and Abstract submission opened
Early bird registration deadline
Deadline for submission of speaker and poster abstracts
Tri-National Arabidopsis Conference 2019 in Zurich, Switzerland
TNAM 2019 Dinner
Instruction for speakers
- Presentations will be in English and should be prepared in 4:3 or wide-screen format using Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF applications. It is suggested to use 28-point font for titles and 20-point font for body text on all slides.
- Presentations should adhere to the time slots listed in the official TNAM 2019 scientific program. The timeframe includes at least 5 minutes for questions and discussion for regular talks and 3 minutes for short talks. Presentation times will be strictly enforced by session chairs.
- Presentations should be provided on a USB drive for uploading on the conference computer. Please contact media staff member in the Auditorium conference room to upload your presentation – either in the morning before the program starts or during the coffee and lunch breaks.
Instructions for poster presenters
- Poster must be prepared in English.
- Each author will be provided one poster board. The available poster boards will fit a poster with a maximum of A0 portrait (84 cm width x 120 cm height). The abstracts and poster boards will be numbered, so please be sure to place your poster on the board with your number. Materials for attaching your poster will be provided by the organizers.
- All posters will be displayed throughout the whole conference. Authors are expected to be present at their poster during the poster session.
- A small number of poster abstracts will be selected for short talks. Poster authors will be informed about the selection of their poster for oral presentation after the submission deadline.
The official language at the congress is English.
Letter of Invitation
The TNAM 2019 organizers will be pleased to send a formal letter of invitation to participants to help them raise funds for travel and registration. Such invitation letter does not imply a commitment from the organizers to provide any financial support.
Liability and Insurance
Participants are requested to arrange for their personal travel and health insurance. The TNAM 2019 Organizers will not assume any responsibility whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property during the congress.
General Emergency calls * Dial 112
For the April weather in Zurich, anything is possible—sunshine and rain and change quickly, and it could even snow (less likely). Daytime average temperature is around 14°C, so bring appropriate clothing. For more information see: www.zuerich.com/en/visit/weather-in-zurich
Currency and money exchange
The currency in Switzerland is the Swiss Franc (CHF). 1 EURO is approx. 1.15 CHF. Most shops and restaurants accept EURO, but at a higher rate. Credit cards are widely accepted, also in taxis.
Shops are usually open from 09:00/10:00 to 20:00 hrs.
Tips are included in the prices given in taxis and restaurants in Switzerland. However, tipping (usually 10%) is greatly appreciated.
Smoking is not allowed in indoor public places and restaurants in Switzerland. TNAM 2019 is a no-smoking event and smoking is permitted only outside the venue.
The TNAM 2019 Organizers reserve the right to adjust or change the program as necessary.
ETH Zurich, Rämistrasse 101, 8092 Zurich
Information will be provided later.